Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine from Deluscious inspires local Town SweetHeart to start Food Blog!!

Wow. So my sweet patootie Mister PHI(FEE) put the final sprinkle on the cupcake. In other dessert terms, he got me to FINALLY start a food blog.

What is the inspiration you may ask??? Well it was his valentines gift to me. A delicious, or dare I say Deluscious box of Cookies... And I will go even further by saying the limited edition Deluscious Valentine's edition! Ha-cha girls & boys!!!

A buzz at the door and a guy wearing a chef outfit (thats how friggin fresh they are, no time to change to deliver!) handed me over the box of cookies and a old timey container of milk.
"Happy Valentines Day" he said as I replied "Wowza!"


But what the h-e-dubble-hockey-sticks is so special about this edition you may ask. Well guess what you get?!



-3 chocolate chip
-2 chocolate bing cherry


-3 s’mores brownies, made with three different kinds of dark chocolate, filled with
mounds of hand-made marshmallow and all on top of a graham cracker crust

- and -
4 heart-shaped cookies:
-1 heart-shaped red velvet cookie filled with buttercream and premium white
chocolate, topped with bittersweet chocolate and a hand-carved white chocolate
heart.

-3 heart-shaped white chocolate macadamia nut cranberry, drizzled with creamy white
chocolate


Yah...BEST VALENTINE EVER!!!!!


COOKIE REVIEWS:


Chocolate Bing Cherry is my absolute favorite cookie flavor. Just the combination of the fruit and chocolate is tantalizing. This is a couture cookie and is not usually available. If it is, do yourself a favor and ORDER IT IMMEDIATELY!

The S'more Brownie really did taste just like it sounded. I think if I was more of a s'more fan, I might have cried over it. It was pretty exciting to try a brownie from Deluscious and I'm always impressed when anyone makes their own marshmallows. Because thats the only way I like marshmallows.
I hope they start offering brownies regularly!
Also, it reminded me of my favorite flavor of Jeni's Ice Cream. I think it was Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sundae?(I haven't seen it available in a couple of years) The chocolate sauce and marshmallows were made by Jeni and they got the peanut butter from a local friend. Jeni's actually had an excellent Valentine Gift available, too.
Jeni's Ice Creams


Now on to my FAVORITE COOKIE and it is a sin that they only give you one...
Red Velvet Heart!
OMG... Immediately after I took the foto, I shoved it into my mouth and took a huge bite. The buttercream & white chocolate in the middle is the perfect creamy consistency. The Red Velvet was moist but I think could of been moister. But the middle and chocolate on top made up for it. lol I ate the hand carved white chocolate heart in 1 bite of the cookie. 30 secs to munch it down and I wondered how long to carve? They should definitely put these red velvet cookies on the regular cookie list. But I can understand cuz a lot of work does go into these cookies.
The white chocolate macadamia nut cranberry cookies were very yummy too. Too bad I'm not a big fan of white chocolate and too lucky my best friend is. She will enjoy these much more than me. Thats why me and Ev are meant to be. I love dark chocolate and she loves white chocolate. No need to share. rofl
And finally, you really just can never go wrong with chocolate chip.

Unfortunately and fortunately these came around lunchtime. So I just tried all the different flavors the rest of the day, until I went into sugar shock and had to quickly eat a salad before I went crazzzyyyyyy.

So I definitely recommend a gift of Deluscious cookies & milk for your BFF or secret luver!
Deluscious Cookies

No comments: