Saturday, April 14, 2012

Olympic Provisions Salame

Salami! 
 Finding a good salami isn't as easy as you think it would be.....Once you taste a really good one, its all over.  No cheap charcuterie can satisfy you now!  So you're usually left sadly wandering the meat department at your local grocery store, checking under that pile of laughing cow cheese....looking for one that may resemble that delicious piece you had.   But it's never there.....

That's what I felt like. A sad salami-less soul 2....  

I had my first great salami at the Beverly Hills Cheese Shop (Canadian brand which they said they can't receive because of some new change in customs?)and now I'm always on the look out.  Around the Bay area I usually find good pieces from restaurants that do their own charcuterie in house.  But most of them do not sell to the public.  And Fatted Calf has some amazing complex ones, but sometimes I just crave a small one to enjoy at home.  Last year, I stumbled across Olympic Provisions "Saucisson Sec" at the Good Food Awards in 2011.  Was so tasty, fatty and I love the smell.  Like a bakery that just bakes savory pork buns.  Plus, it's a great deal at $10/salami.  You can easily get their Salami at Bi-Rite or order their Salami of the Month Club.  Can't wait to visit them on our next trip to Portland!  


Olympic Provisions


1.  This post sounds super filthy to me now that I'm reading it back....
2.  I couldn't resist....

No comments: