Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lard of a Lifetime

One of my goals for the New Year was geting my illustrations in a Food Magazine.  So you can imagine my excitement when Pork Memoirs chose my piece to appear in MeatPaper!!

Here is the illustration below and you can also get a copy of it in Meatpaper 17.



"At Age 4, I watched as the ladle dripped sausage gravy all over the hot butter biscuits and felt more baptized at that moment, than I ever have since.   By the time I reached Age 6, I knew my Abuelita's chorizo and eggs could cure any ailment.  Every day the year I turned 8, I prayed that my mother would fix a bacon quiche for dinner..  Finally at age 10, I found the holy grail at my local mall in the form of Hickory Farms Sausage.   These are my crispy recollections of my religious years through my love of pork.  Amen"


PS I know I'm behind in some cheese posts.  Expect some good ones next week.

PPSAnd in other news, my animation film Chocolate Milk played to rave reviews at SXSW.  Great times and amazing bbq was had by all!

No comments: